What we do
Our Special Friends helps people continue to benefit from animal companionship by providing practical and emotional support during illness, bereavement or other crises. Our current geographical focus is West Suffolk and Thetford but we do have cases in adjacent areas and are keen to expand as funding allows.
Do you need:
- practical help with your existing pet?
- a new animal companion?
- a ‘visiting’ pet to brighten your day?
- support with making a difficult decision about your pet?
Then let us know using our contact form.
We work, often in partnership with human and animal-focused organisations, to:
- keep vulnerable people and their pets together for as long as possible
- provide support through bereavement (human and pet)
- source suitable animal companions or other forms of animal contact for people who have lost, or can no longer keep, a pet
Lyndsay bravely describes how important her little dog Burt has been and continues to be as her special companion